Coaching and Lean Leadership Online Training
Senior management leading and coaching disciplined problem solving.
Coaching and Lean Leadership Online Training
Senior management leading and coaching disciplined problem solving
Develop your leaders as problem solvers and coaches of the improvement journey
Toyota Kata is a management system that provides the means to achieve two important objectives:
A methodology to achieve challenging objectives that are currently beyond a team’s ability to reach, and developing leaders as coaches for creating a culture of continuous improvement. This is done through simple & time-efficient, daily routines.
The Improvement Kata
A four-step sequence that is a systematic, scientific pattern for managing teams. Practicing it helps any team get better at meeting goals and challenges.
The Coaching Kata
A set of teaching routines that help you develop coaching skill. It is a coaching pattern that helps managers teach Improvement Kata thinking and acting.
Lean Advisor & Coach – Europe Operations Director
Edgar has multicultural experience (Romania, Hungary, Japan, Russia, Mexico, Colombia, Spain, USA…) providing support to companies on their improvement journey based on developing teams to improve the quality of people & processes, in several industries including: Automotive, Electronics manufacturing, Food & Beverages, Plastics, Shared Service Centers, logistic services, among others.
- Edgar has led the ALFRA European operations since 2014, developing organizations in countries like Spain, Romania, Russia, or Hungary. He recently provides support to companies like Bosch, Hino Motors, Mercedes Benz, Kimball, Zebra technologies, Takata, Inteva Products, Dawn Foods, BOA, Mars, Rubbermaid, Faist Group, Emerson, Exide, Harsha Engineers, Steelcase.
- Edgar is an advisor for several organizations at the leadership level, providing support in languages like English, Spanish and Romanian.
- Since 2014, Edgar has been developing coaches using the Toyota Kata approach, creating internal capability
- He is an operational excellence speaker at international level Lean Conferences & Summits.
- He has developed and coached over 1000 managers & leaders in the Lean management philosophy.
- Certified as Lean Practitioner & Six Sigma´s Black Belt by the IIE, Atlanta , Georgia.
- Industrial Engineering & Management Bachelor Degree from Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon.
- Edgar has received direct coaching and professional development from renowned leaders like:, Ritsuo Shingo (Former Toyota President ), PhD. Jeffrey Liker (The Toyota Way), Gary Convis (Former VP at Toyota N.A. )
Lean Management Senior Consultant
Nicolae has over 25 years of successful experience in different industries: Automotive, Chemicals, Automation & Electronics, Aerospace, leading the implementation of green field sites. Set the foundation for a Continuous Improvement culture and led Problem Solving projects of complex business issues across multiple sites in Europe, North America, Australia and Asia.
- He had roles such as Senior Quality Manager, Global Quality Improvement Manager, Lean Deployment Specialist, Business Excellence Leader and Industrial Performance Leader for Dacia, Honeywell and Renault-Nissan.
- Responsible for the Alignment of the Honeywell Operating System at global level, Nicolae supported the global deployment of the Honeywell Production System “Order to Cash” across all Strategic Business Groups.
- Lead spin-off projects which transferred production facilities and distribution centers involving sites in UK, Germany, Italy, Romania and Czech Republic.
- Former Senior Quality Manager of Dacia Power rain & Transmission Sites, leading a quality team of 260 members, awarded as best Power-Train site of Renault’s Mecanique Group for quality performance.
- At Renault-Nissan he led Tiger Teams in site departments of Energy Saving, Maintenance, Cutting Tools and Industrial Liquids by using Digital tools and Industry 4.0 approaches.
- Supported deployment of Build in Quality concept and approach, as Subject Matter Expert, across Transportation System Business Group impacting reduction of cycle time, non-added value and cost of poor quality.
- Certified as Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Expert, Train the trainer, VDA and IATF
- He led “Excellence Certifications” processes in USA, EMEA and APAC manufacturing and distribution site for over 30 locations.
- MBA Professional Certificate in Management & MSc degree in Automotive Engineering – University of Pitesti, Romania
Dates: 23-24 March 2021
Location: Online Live via Zoom
Who should attend?
Senior managers, leaders, and middle managers are interested in creating a sustainable culture of continuous improvement through the use of the cutting edge management methodology of Toyota Kata.
Why to participate:
You will learn the fundamentals of how to apply the improvement and coaching routines in your organization
Providing a systematic, scientific routine that can be applied to any problem or challenge.
Commonizing how the members of an organization development solutions.
Migrating managers toward the role of coach and mentor, by having them practice coaching cycles.
Framing PDCA in a way that has people taking small steps every day
Coaching, Leadership, Lean, Toyota, Kata, Development, Problem Solving, 8D, Lean Management, PDCA, Scientific thinking, process improvement,