Time & Work Measurement Workshop
Participants will understand and practice how to define and measure standard operational times, using Modapts* and a practical approach to increasing the efficiency of the workstations and steps design.
This analysis will give the opportunity to assess and visualize the actual performance, spot opportunities for improvement, and recommendations for implementation.
We will perform team activities
Real Case Examples
We will review examples of implementations from other companies
Guidelines for your own Implementation
Receive guidelines for your own implementation
Participants split into teams to perform activities in selected workspaces.
Training Length: 5 days
Aimed to: General Managers, Managers & Leaders in Maintenance, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Continuous Improvement.
- Practical training in the principles and methods directly on the shop floor
- Identify the main sources of waste in the selected process
- Develop an action plan to establish improvement in the process
- This analysis will give the opportunity to assess and visualize the actual performance, spot opportunities for improvement, and recommendations for implementation.
- Elements of MODAPTS (modular arrangement of predetermined time standards)
- Norming Engineering Designed Standard Time (DST) on 2 stations
- Norming Movements between Operations (MIO) and Associated Operations (OA) with MODAPS
- Time Study for Designed Standard Time (DST)
- MIO analysis according to components Times Associated with main operations
- OA analysis according to Times Associated components with main operations
- Process improvement methods (from the MIO point of view)
- Time reduction action plan through MIO
- Process improvement methods (from the OA point of view)
- Post implant (Strike zone)
- Ergonomics in the Post (Ergonomic Evaluation)
- Time reduction action plan through OA
Instructed by seasoned Lean Coaches
Lean Advisor & Coach – Europe Operations Director
Edgar has worked the last years in countries like Romania, Hungary, Russia, Mexico, Colombia, Spain and USA…, providing support to companies on their improvement journey based on developing teams to improve the quality of people & processes, in several industries including: Automotive, Electronics manufacturing, Food & Beverages, Plastics, Shared Service Centers, logistic services, among others.
He recently provide support to companies like Bosch, Hino Motors, Mercedes Benz, Kimball, Zebra technologies, Takata, Inteva Products, Dawn Foods, BOA, Mars, Rubbermaid, Faist Group, Emerson, Exide, Harsha Engineers, Steelcase..
Lean for Business Processes corporate trainer for several companies
Operational Excellence speaker at several international Lean Conferences & Summits.
He has developed in Lean Management over 1000 managers & leaders
Certified as Lean Practitioner & Six Sigma´s Black Belt by the IIE, Atlanta , Georgia.
Edgar has received direct coaching and professional development from renowned leaders like:, Ritsuo Shingo (Former Toyota President ), PhD. Jeffrey Liker (The Toyota Way), Gary Convis (Former VP at Toyota N.A. )
DO YOU WANT TO GO FURTHER? WE CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTION
Lean Manufacturing, 5s, Visual management, 8D Problem Solving, Problem Solving Training, 8D Training, Curs 8D, training 8D, PDCA training, 8D Principles, Problem Solving Principles, Problem Solving Implementation, Lean Training