LEAN STRATEGY DEPLOYMENT
DEVELOP THE STRATEGY FOR YOUR COMPANY
This program aims to explain participants the key factors for a successful lean transformation, the work structure and deployment strategy for the initial phase of a lean transformation based in the Toyota Way Model, explaining which systems & triggers must be developed and deployed, and how to measure the deployment based on behaviors, which will deliver good process and results in soft and hard benefits
- Highly dynamic with discussion sessions of 5 Case Studies of companies from Automotive, Food, Plastics, Electronics industries.
- Complete documentation from all phases of a real company assessment, explaining the analysis and design of its transformation roadmap.
- Development of their own High level strategic Roadmap based on the Toypta Way Model
Training Lenght & Language:
16 hours (2 days) – English
Top leadership levels, Functional Managers and Lean Practitioners from Manufacturing & Services Companies.
Previous Lean Manufacturing Knowledge/Training
After training attendants will be able to:
- Understanding of the Lean Transformation Model, to avoid common errors of Lean initiatives and builds on the strengths of your organization.
- Clear and comprehensive explanation (& Know How Know Why) of systems deployment in the early stages of the journey and how to measure the evolution based on behaviors
- General understanding of the lean transformation model based on the Toyota Way
HOW PARTICIPANTS RATE THIS TRAINING
Sustainable Continuous Improvement
Develop a real long term strategy for your company, learn the key factors for a lean adoption and sustain the achievements through aligned continuous improvement
Set the Direction for Change
In order to take a company to an operational excellence level, a change in its people’s behavior is required; a Strategic Roadmap shows how to deploy the Lean systems in order to drive that change.
-Industrial and Systems Engineer graduated from Tec de Monterrey
-ALFRA Consulting´s General Director, a company specialized in consulting and training, with the participation of Senior Consultants, researchers ¨Best Seller¨ and former Toyota´s Regional Vice-President.
-Former Lean Manufacturing Manager for Celestica in Reynosa, Mexico. A company with 250 million in sales annually.
-Former WCM Leader for Celestica in Monterrey, Mexico. A company with 1 billion in sales annually.
– Trained over 5000 people in Lean Manufacturing.
– Has certified to the IIE, USA over 300 Engineers, Managers and Directors.
-Key consulting Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing- Six-Sigma- TOC – Strategic Planning.
-Certified Black Belt certified by the IIE Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
-RE-Certified by the IIE Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
–Knowledge in the Shingo Prize Model.
-Current Senior Lean Consultant Transformation in large companies which are implementing cultural change through the Toyota Way.
-Have conducted Strategic Planning Studies at the University of Essex, England.
• Examiner and co-developer of the Toyota Way Assessment Model for the True North.
• I have helped companies from different countries to develop their long term strategies to transform into a Lean enterprise delivering turnover results.
• I have trained & coached in Lean Thinking over 800 executives, managers and engineers around the world to develop their soft and hard skills.
• Experienced in management advisory for Lean Systems deployment with depth knowledge in Operational Excellence models.
Experiece with Coaching & Improvement Kata
• Development Leader for the Lean E- Training platform and Lean Simulation Materials
• I have participated as speaker and workshop facilitator for several operational excellence conferences and summits.
• In my work experience I’ve received training & coaching from different Influencers and Industry leaders like Jeffrey Liker, Gary Convis, Ritsuo Shingo, among other great colleagues from whom I’ve received great and valuable insights and experience.
TRAINING AGENDA: BODY OF KNOWLEDGE
- Lean as cultural based system
- Common reasons of Lean Strategy Failures
- Lean Architecture: Principles, Systems & Tools
- Systems Drives Behaviors
- Develop your system based in good principles
- Living the values of the company with the correct behaviors
- Leadership role in a lean transformation
Overview of Toyota Way Model: 4Ps
- People & Partners
- Problem Solving
- Common Weaknesses in a Traditional Culture
- Transformation Roadmap Examples
- Work Structure for Systems deployment
- Measuring the evolution of a Lean transformation
Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Roadmap) and Discussion of Cases Studies
- “JoyFoods” Case: Living in the Comfort zone
- “ELK Solutions” Case: A Cosmopolitan Culture
- “Quadtech” Case: Too many Captains for one Ship
- “Randall” Case: The real price of a low cost operation
- “MasterMolds” Case: The MVP Quarterback ¿and where’s the Team?
Lean Systems deployment explanation:
- Correct accountability of KPI that drives correct behaviors
- Daily management system
- 5s and visual management
- Standard Work
People and Partners:
- Development & training at all levels
- Recognition & communication system
- Kaizen Thinking
- Quality at the source
- Best practices among enterprise