Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Online Training
Start the Lean Journey with this online program for better shop-floor Equipment efficiency, up-time, and Cost management.
TPM Online Training
Why Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)?
50 years ago Toyota recognized that the key to manufacturing success is when the machinery performs as expected from the design specifications.
The base of a successful production system is Total Productive Maintenance also known as Toyota Productive Maintenance.
Many manufacturers soon realize in their pursuit of Lean that poor productivity is their main barrier to manufacturing excellence.
This training will give participants the foundation necessary to start the first steps of the TPM implementation and review best practices used by Toyota and other manufacturers.
TPM Training is oriented to develop solid Maintenance Management practices.
All the content is related to a whole Management System, as part of the General Production System.
This Training is not oriented to learn or develop technical skills (e.g. repair a motor, program a Robot, etc).
Learn how to increase your equipment availability
Total productive maintenance (TPM) aims to maximize the entire equipment life cycle in order to achieve the highest operational availability.
Lean Advisor & Coach – Europe Operations Director
Edgar has multicultural experience (Romania, Hungary, Japan, Russia, Mexico, Colombia, Spain, USA…) providing support to companies on their improvement journey based on developing teams to improve the quality of people & processes, in several industries including: Automotive, Electronics manufacturing, Food & Beverages, Plastics, Shared Service Centers, logistic services, among others.
- Edgar has led the ALFRA European operations since 2014, developing organizations in countries like Spain, Romania, Russia, or Hungary. He recently provides support to companies like Bosch, Hino Motors, Mercedes Benz, Kimball, Zebra technologies, Takata, Inteva Products, Dawn Foods, BOA, Mars, Rubbermaid, Faist Group, Emerson, Exide, Harsha Engineers, Steelcase.
- Edgar is an advisor for several organizations at the leadership level, providing support in languages like English, Spanish and Romanian.
- Since 2014, Edgar has been developing coaches using the Toyota Kata approach, creating internal capability
- He is an operational excellence speaker at international level Lean Conferences & Summits.
- He has developed and coached over 1000 managers & leaders in the Lean management philosophy.
- Certified as Lean Practitioner & Six Sigma´s Black Belt by the IIE, Atlanta , Georgia.
- Industrial Engineering & Management Bachelor Degree from Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon.
- Edgar has received direct coaching and professional development from renowned leaders like:, Ritsuo Shingo (Former Toyota President ), PhD. Jeffrey Liker (The Toyota Way), Gary Convis (Former VP at Toyota N.A. )
Lean Management Senior Consultant
Nicolae has over 25 years of successful experience in different industries: Automotive, Chemicals, Automation & Electronics, Aerospace, leading the implementation of green field sites. Set the foundation for a Continuous Improvement culture and led Problem Solving projects of complex business issues across multiple sites in Europe, North America, Australia and Asia.
- He had roles such as Senior Quality Manager, Global Quality Improvement Manager, Lean Deployment Specialist, Business Excellence Leader and Industrial Performance Leader for Dacia, Honeywell and Renault-Nissan.
- Responsible for the Alignment of the Honeywell Operating System at global level, Nicolae supported the global deployment of the Honeywell Production System “Order to Cash” across all Strategic Business Groups.
- Lead spin-off projects which transferred production facilities and distribution centers involving sites in UK, Germany, Italy, Romania and Czech Republic.
- Former Senior Quality Manager of Dacia Power rain & Transmission Sites, leading a quality team of 260 members, awarded as best Power-Train site of Renault’s Mecanique Group for quality performance.
- At Renault-Nissan he led Tiger Teams in site departments of Energy Saving, Maintenance, Cutting Tools and Industrial Liquids by using Digital tools and Industry 4.0 approaches.
- Supported deployment of Build in Quality concept and approach, as Subject Matter Expert, across Transportation System Business Group impacting reduction of cycle time, non-added value and cost of poor quality.
- Certified as Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Expert, Train the trainer, VDA and IATF
- He led “Excellence Certifications” processes in USA, EMEA and APAC manufacturing and distribution site for over 30 locations.
- MBA Professional Certificate in Management & MSc degree in Automotive Engineering – University of Pitesti, Romania
Date: 8-10 June
Location: Online Live via Zoom
Who should participate?:
General Managers, Managers & Leaders in Maintenance, Manufacturing, Engineering and Continuous improvement.
- Learn how to manage the TPM Elements in the equipment lifecycle
- Learn how TPM improves the teamwork between departments