Problem Solving at Toyota
Have you ever thought about how to solve a problem and what is the best way to do it? We have all been there and we will present you an efficient way that will help you and your company.
Lean concepts (applied by The Toyota Production System) sustain the four step approach concept, PDCA, that is used for better solving of problems.
Did you know that Toyota appreciates problems, but why?
They are considered opportunities for Kaizen. We need to aggressively uncover them. == > Make Opportunities for Kaizen Visible.
And of course, finding problems is the first step for problem solving.
Why use PDCA for Problem Solving?
- Shows how to do work more efficiently and effectively.
- Provides a process with a set of approaches which helps us manage, modify and report information.
- Supports teamwork through clear communication and understanding roles.
- Helps to integrate different functional areas. (Design, manufacturing, sales etc..)
- Helps us to better tell our story.
- It is Testable
- Conduct the experiment
- Collect facts and data
- Adjust based on what you learn
So which are the 8 Steps of Problem Solving?
1. Clearly Define Problem & Impact to Operation
2. Use FACTS to break down into smaller Issues to prioritize (test as needed)
3. Choose ONE Issue to pursue, set target, timing
4. Find Root Cause(s)
5. Identify & evaluate Root Cause
6. Implement Countermeasures to plan
7. See Countermeasures through
8. Standardize Successes
Through the use of PDCA and therefore, the responsible conducting of Problem Solving and Standardization, we, as a company can consolidate through Continuous Improvement leading to better performance.
SCHEDULE A CALL WITH OUR CONSULTING TEAM
Problem solving, 8D, Continuous Improvement, A3, Problem Solving, 8D, 8 Disciplines, 8 steps, problem solving, PDCA, Plan-Do- Check-Act, Process Improvement, Root Cause analysis, Corrective and Preventive Actions, Countermeasures, Containment actions, quick response, 8 step Problem Solving