TOYOTA PRODUCTION SYSTEM TRAINING
Ritsuo Shingo will share his perspective from all the experiences of his long life in the Automotive Industry, with over 40 years experience in the Toyota Management System, in different leadership roles.
Participants will have the opportunity to access first hand information about Lean leadership and the best practices for a successful culture development.
The workshop will deal with TPS principles applied to manufacturing environments, which has a highly dynamic approach, with over 70% of the time in shop floor real application.
Senior Leadership, Functional Managers( HR, Finance, Sales..), Operations Managers, Lean Practitioners,
Training Length & Language:
32 Hours (4 Sessions) – English
All kind of Manufacturing (Automotive, Aerospace, Food, Plastics, Electronics, Construction…)
Limited Seating & Requirements:
Seating is up to 20 participants, who could be from the same industry but not from a direct competitor Company.
Former Executive President of Toyota China & Hino Motors China
- Following his father’s steps, he developed a very successful career in the automotive industry. Shingo started his career with Toyota Motor Company in 1970, after earning a law degree from Waseda University.
- His father, Dr. Shigeo Shingo, distinguished himself as one of the world’s leading experts in improving manufacturing processes and he has been described as an “engineering genius” who helped create and write about many aspects of the revolutionary manufacturing practices which comprise the renowned Toyota Production System.
- He helped in the start up of five Toyota manufacturing plants outside Japan.
- Ritsuo Shingo spent more than 13 years in various roles at Toyota in Legal, Public relations and purchasing departments.
- He spent 5 years in the US, starting up Toyota Detroit Office as a purchasing agent and at Toyota Motor Kentucky, after that he returned to the Purchasing Department in Japan.
- He worked also at Toyota Motor UK and then returned to the China Dept. in Japan.
- In 1998, had newly established the Toyota first Joint Venture in China, “Sichuan Toyota Motor” and became the first president of the Joint Venture.
- Joined Hino Motors in 2004 and was appointed as an officer responsible for China.
- In 2007, had newly established the Joint Venture between Hino Motors and Guang-Qi Motors and became the first president of the Joint Venture.
- In 2012 becomes President of “Institute Of Management Improvement”.
TRAINING AGENDA: BODY OF KNOWLEDGE
Ritsuo Shingo Presentation (8:00 – 8:30)
Concept of 4S – Gemba Activity (8:30-10:30)
Waste (Muda) Identification – Gemba Activity (10:30-12:50)
Problem Solving & finding – Gemba Activity (13:00-15:20)
Standardization – Gemba Activity (15:20-17:40)
Total Participation – Gemba Exercise (8:00-10:30)
Autonomation / Build in Quality – Gemba Exercise (10:30-13:00)
QC Circle – Gemba Exercise (13:30-16:25)
Quality Control (16:25-17:00)
Motivation of Workers– Gemba Exercise (8:00-8:30)
Visual Control – Gemba Exercise (8:30-11:00)
Leader & Leadership – Gemba Exercise (11:00-12:00)
Robbery Story – (Elevator Story) (12:00-12:10)
Never Give up – Be Challenging (12:10-12:30)
Self Evaluation (12:30 – 13:00)
Gembaism (Go & watch) – Gemba Exercise (14:00-16:40)
Brain Storming – Gemba Exercise (8:00-10:40)
Category Principle (10:40-11:10)
Level Production ( Heijunka) – Gemba Exercise (11:10-12:30)
SMED System – Gemba Exercise (12:30-13:00)
Pull System/Push System – Gemba Exercise (13:30-15:00)
Lot Production & One Piece Flow – Gemba Exercise (15:00-16:30)
Blame responsibility/Detect cause (15:30-14:00)
Certificate/Group photo – (16:00-17:00)